Let's plan our future together.
What is the West Main Master Plan?
The West Main Master Plan is a community-focused effort for the improvement of 29 acres in downtown Pensacola along West Main Street.
Using nationally-recognized experts, Studer Properties is facilitating this plan to guide the development, walkability, and public-space preservation at the Community Maritime Park and the former ECUA wastewater treatment site.
This planning process will be grounded by accurate data and market studies, urban design best practices, and most importantly, community and stakeholder input.
Why Have a Plan?
From Palafox Street, one of America’s Top Ten Streets, to “A” Street, home of Joe Patti’s Seafood, West Main Street has seen many changes over the past two decades.
The destruction of the ECUA wastewater treatment plant from Hurricane Ivan, as well as the construction of the Community Maritime
These large undeveloped parcels of land along Main Street have created a disconnect between many of Pensacola’s historic neighborhoods, the downtown core, and the waterfront.
A successful master plan for West Main Street will address these challenges and realize the opportunities to create a more vibrant, connected, and walkable community where people want to live, work, play and learn.
Goals for the West Main Master Plan:
- Catalyze further development of west side of Pensacola and support existing neighborhood character.
- Design a connected, walkable, mixed use environment where people want to live, work, and play.
- Preserve public access to the waterfront with enhanced amenities and destinations.
- Create an inclusive project that reflects the community needs, supports job creation and local government services.
- Complies with the spirit and goals of the 2010 Pensacola Downtown CRA Plan.